For more information www.debcinamonwhalen.com

I create art works and projects that challenge observers and participants to understand the impacts of human consumption and development on natural eco systems and environments.
By creating this type of art I hope I can help connect people with nature, and empower them to become active in trying to help make positive environmental choices.

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July


July 4th, 2009 I joined 1 Sky and the Sierra Club at the Amherst 4th of July Parade. We marched in the parade to raise awareness about Global Warming, and the use of coal for energy in our state. I wrapped my self up in a healing blanket for the earth, and passed out pamphlets about mountain top removal coal mining. I hope to place the blanket on a mountain top removal site to help regenerate the damaged eco system later this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment